Pokemon Moon and Sun – How to Get Easy Shiny Pokemon
Easy Shiny Pokemon
Pokemon Sun/Moon generates Pokemon eggs and their contents before you even begin hatching. Use the following steps to pre-generate a Shiny Pokemon. You will first need the following Pokemon and items:
Ditto (foreign): Enter GTS and trade for a Ditto with a name in any foreign language (Japanese is best). Foreign means any non-North American Ditto in GTS. Note: Be aware of 5/6 IV Japanese Ditto, as these are most likely hacked Pokemon. Hacked Pokemon will not work for this method.
Magikarp: Any Magikarp will work. They are common in any body of water in Alola.
Goal Pokemon: The “Goal” Pokemon is the species you want to generate a shiny for, which can be any Pokemon.
The foreign Ditto is the most important part of this process. You must have a foreign, un-hacked Ditto. There are other ways to do this method, but using a foreign Ditto is by far the easiest.
Destiny Knot: Equip it on the foreign Ditto. It cam be purchased for 48 BP at the fourth counter in the Battle Royale Dome.
Everstone: Equip on the “Goal” Pokemon. It is given by Ilima after re-battling him in the large house in Hau’oli City. It is also available for purchase for 16 BP at the second counter in the Battle Royale Dome.
Shiny Charm (optional): It is only needed if you do not use a foreign Ditto. It is given by the Game Director in Heahea City after completing the Alola Region Pokedex (excluding Mythical Pokemon).
Then, go to the Hatchery, wait outside at the ranch, and use the following steps to breed a Shiny Pokemon:
1. Save your game.
2. Deposit the foreign Ditto with the Destiny Knot equipped into the Nursery, then deposit Magikarp.
3. Run in circles to generate eggs. Collect 25-50 eggs. Enter the enclosed fence across the path from the nursery entrance, and spin while riding Tauros to quickly generate eggs. You can generate as many as desired. It is recommended to generate at least 30 to improve your chances of finding a Shiny.
4. Remove one of the Pokemon from the nursery to stop eggs from spawning. This is just a safety precaution. If you continue to generate eggs, you may pre-generate an IV/Shiny/Nature you want that you will miss.
5. Hatch all of the eggs you just collected. Spin with Tauros in the fence area to quickly begin hatching.
6. If you found a Shiny, continue to the next step. If you did not, repeat steps 1-5.
7. Take note of the egg that hatched into a Shiny. For example, Egg #21 since your last save hatched into a Shiny Pokemon.
8. Reset your 3DS without saving. This is very important.
9. Return to the Nursery and deposit Ditto and your “Goal” Pokemon. Make sure Ditto is holding the Destiny Knot, and your “Goal” Pokemon has an Everstone equipped.
10. Collect eggs up to the number where you hatched a Shiny with Magikarp, which is Egg #21 in our example. For genderless or single-gender Pokemon, add +1 to your number. For example, for a genderless or single-gender Pokemon, hatch Egg #22 instead of #21.
11. Finally, hatch the egg (for example, Egg #21) to get the desired Shiny Pokemon. Note: When breeding Pokemon, simply refuse the eggs from the Nursery you do not want until you get the right egg with the Shiny Pokemon.
- Video Game News
- Latest Game Cheats