You can access cheats by opening the System Menu (Escape key in-game by default), then going to Debug Menu and choosing from there.
Useful Tips & Tricks
- -Don’t attempt to conquer everything, only capture planets that have something important/you need or have strategic value. A planet that has a Zenith Power Generator or a fleet, or worlds directly adjacent to your homeworld are good for example.
- -At certain AIP points, the AI “techs up” its units, so that Warden Fleet, Hunter Fleet, and waves will be one level higher. This is a major buff to the AI’s strength, so be careful about increasing the AIP too much too quickly. You can tell when those points are by clicking on the AIP icon in the resource bar at the top of the screen.
- -There is a cap to how strong Warden Fleet can get. Once it reaches that cap, any resources devoted to Warden Fleet instead adds to the wave budget. IF you see waves suddenly spike up in strength and no/very little AIP has increased, it’s probably because Warden Fleet is at its maximum capacity. Start grinding down Warden Fleet to return waves to normal strength.
- -Neutering planets refer to killing everything on an AI planet except for the Warpgate and Command Station. This makes the planet almost harmless to travel through. Don’t just leave it. Note: The AI can rebuild turrets if they were originally around the Command Station on the planet. Be aware.
- -Cross Planet Attacks are best dealt with piecemeal. You don’t want to have a sudden rush of AI units barge into your homeworld while you’re dealing with something else on a different planet. Generally, the units from across the planet attack will wait outside one of your planets, and once they have amassed enough units or feel confident enough to take on your planet they will charge all at once. While they are gathering, find the planet they are on and kill off as many as you can. While this will typically cause them to retreat and go to a different planet, it’s better to deal with that threat a little bit at a time.
- -Find and hold (by default) both major data centers for a HUGE AIP reduction.
- -Reconquest waves happen once you cross a certain AIP threshold. You can click on the AIP icon in the resource bar at the top of the screen to see what that point is.
- -Spending Science on ship upgrades is more useful early than on economics
- -ARSs and Tech Vaults are very strong early-game objectives
The longer you wait before hacking a tech vault, the bigger the discount is (for example, generalist costs 2000 knowledge to upgrade from mk1 to 2 and 4000 from mk2 to 3. If I hack a tech vault that has generalist tech now, I will save 2000 knowledge. If I upgrade generalist first THEN hack the tech vault, I save 4000 knowledge.
- -Strength does not consider unit counters. 500 pike corvettes have more strength than 300 v-wings, but since v-wings counter pike corvettes, they’ll win, despite having an inferior strength value. Carefully consider if you can win against the AI even if your strength is higher than it’s.