Conquering and Defending Villages
When you are defending a village from enemy attack you need to decide if your village is worth spending wood and men to defend and fortify. Traps, tower and upgrades can be used to fortify your villages, but this is costly. You might be better served by keeping your squads near by to defend the village. Fighting under your towers and town hall is an effective defensive strategy. The enemy will lose more men fighting in a village you control.
The following are some of the most effective defensive strategies for holding villages. Any combination of these can be used to fortify your villages.
- -Ring the town bell to call all your villagers to defend the town hall. It will take several seconds for your villagers to return to your town hall. The more villagers in the town hall, the more effective the defense. Always do this, if you do not the enemy can easily take the village. When your villagers are defending the town hall they are not producing resources.
- -Place a squads to fight under the defenses of the town hall. Placing additional troops near by can prolong your town hall’s survival. Order the troops to retreat once they have taken losses, and the battle is nearly lost.
- -Place traps at choke points in or around the village. If the enemy is in defensive stance they will see the traps and destroy them, but it buys you time.
- -Build towers to fortify the town. Towers do extra damage to the enemy, but they can be burnt down. If the enemy has catapults it is futile to build towers.
When you are planning on attacking any village, figure out how many squads you will need. You will also need to consider sending extra squads because of enemy towers, traps, and squads. Catapults are very effective at destroying villages and destroying towers, but they require squads to take the village and guard them from enemy squads. Fighting under fire from enemy towers and town hall is a costly offensive strategy. You will lose more men fighting enemy squads in a enemy village.
The following are some of the most effective offensive strategies for taking villages. Any combination of these can be used to conquer the enemy village.
- -Use catapults or archers to destroy everything from range while keeping some infantry in front of them, in case of counter attack. This works with or without enemy squads in the village.
- -Rush village regardless of towers. This is best when no enemy squads are near by. If you destroy the town hall the towers will be automatically destroyed.
- -Burn the towers with a squad or two per tower, then pull back to heal before launching the final attack. This is best when the enemy has squads in the town.
- -Kill the villagers working the iron, food and wood sites before attacking the town hall. Rush your squads to the front door of the enemy town hall and kill villagers as they enter the front door. If villagers are killed before they enter town hall, than town hall becomes less effective at defending itself.