What is New?
For those familiar with the Close Combat series of games, you will notice some significant changes to the look and feel of this release!
– Line of Sight shading and elevation contour lines (lines of equal elevation)
– Graphics: 3D terrain and camera angle, rotation, and zoom provide a clearer picture of the battlefield.
– Physics: projectiles fly across the battlefield at realistic speeds and can hit unintended targets.
– Movement: Men and vehicles move across the 3D landscape in a more realistic manner.
– Effects: All new visual effects and damage effects to bring the battle to life.
– Lighting: Night, dawn, dusk, and daytime lighting conditions.
– Branching campaign system leads your US infantry rifle company through linked Battles, Operations, and Campaigns from Tunisia in 1942 to Normandy in 1944.
– The attacker decides the pacing of combat by choosing when to launch their next attack. An exceptional defensive battle can turn the tables on the attacker and seize the initiative.
– Victory conditions are determined by a combination of losses, ground won or lost, and victory locations held.
– Men (who survive) will gain experience over the course of weeks, months, or even years of combat.
– A soldier who performs an exceptional act may earn a skill bonus in that area.
– Fight with the elements of your Infantry Company (and supporting units) you choose.
– Customize your units with extra equipment above and beyond their basic load-out.
– Form ad-hoc units for special missions such as tank-hunting, assault, or scouting.