How to Fish in Valheim
Fishing in Valheim is a fairly straightforward process. Naturally, you’ll need to have your Fishing Rod equipped and some Fishing Bait in your inventory. Once you’re all set up, it’s time to find some water and get to fishing!
Here’s how to Fish in Valheim:
- Stand near the water and look for fish.
- Hold down the left mouse button to charge up your cast.
- Release the left mouse button to cast your line.
- Tap the right mouse button to bring the line in.
- Once you hook a fish, you have to mash the right mouse button to reel the fish in. Keep in mind that this uses up your Stamina!
- You can press E to pick up a Fish once it gets close enough.
If your luck is poor (or you’re not finding any Fish), you’re going to have to cast your line and try again. Catching a Fish will get you raw meat that needs to be cooked on a Campfire.
Unfortunately, the Valheim Fishing Rod is not quite a true “tool” like other things in the game. The upside is that it won’t break after being used too much. The downside, however, is that you cannot upgrade it in any way to improve its performance.