All players will have access to the Cheats, although players will need to find the Wasteland Wizard first — the mystical sage wanders the wasteland and sells cheats to players for in-game currency (no real money is needed). All of the cheats will be unlockable through the Wasteland Wizard, but players who purchase the Deluxe Edition will automatically get three cheats before they find the Wizard, and anybody who pre-orders the game will automatically receive the He’s on Fire cheat. If you want to find the Wizard, just look for the balloons:
- He’s on Fire: NBA Jam’s Tim Kitzrow shouts enthusiastic nonsense at you.
- Git Gud: All enemies can be taken out with just one hit.
- Son of Thor: You automatically electrify enemies within a certain radius of you.
- Klegg Support: This cheat lets you call in villainous asshole Klegg Clayton to help you out as a helpful asshole.
- Phoenix Rejector Seat: When you hit eject, your car flies off into the sky instead of you. Perfect.
- Unnamed red barrel cheat: Solve all your problems with a rain of exploding red barrels, which is apparently the favorite cheat of senior gameplay programmer Peter Hastings.