Useful Tips & Tricks
1. City’s attack rate and damage will always be the same no matter how many peasants or foot units is garrisoned in it.
2. Slingers and Archer are both ranged unit but 2 Slingers is needed in a Tower or Fort to do 1 Archer’s work.
3. Don’t pile up resources for no reason. Use all of it to train army, research, or build buildings if possible.
4. Building an Ore Smelter in an area of City that has no Mine is useless. It’s the same with Granary and Lumber Mill but Oil Refinery’s affect all of your oil resources.
5. Build new City near resources so you can later build resource enhancement building to benefit you resource gather rate. Resource building must be in the economic radius circle in order to gain this benefit.
6. Oil Refinery’s effect do stack so build a few to maximize your Oil income. For example, 1 Oil Refinery increase 33% Oil production rate while 2 will increase 66% and so on.
7. Try to upgrade your military units according to age in order to get the maximum potential. Try to overcome enemy’s with better military. For example, Medieval units can kill Classical units easier.
8. Do not forget Air Defences once you enemy reach Industrial Age. One Air Defence is not enough so build as many as possible. Air defences are cheap and can be constructed fast.
9. Siege Units are extremely useful. They can layer buildings extremle fast from a far distance. It’s not effective to use against enemy units but there is some exception. eg. Rocket Artillery can destroy tank easily and can take quite a large chunk of damage.
10. Your siege units splash damage will affect your on units.
11. Use pause button (P) in solo game whenever you need it or when you want to search for a strategic location to build City or buildings.
12. Spies and Generals are extremely useful. They can turn the tide of a battle to your favor if used properly. At least 2 generals and 4 spies are advisable as support units in battle.
13. Mass Bomber and Air Fighter is one of the easiest way to win a battle or to destroy a massive amount of buildings and weakening ground units.