Multiplayer Tips & Tricks
– At the start of any race, try to do a level 3 start boost, simply by timing well the input of your acceleration every time a number appears. But the timing is super precise, it’s okay to mess up.
– Usually when a race starts, let one of your teammates get ahead of you. You can then execute slingshots and skim boosts, therefore boosting the overall speed of your team.
– Whenever you get an item box, don’t hesitate to give them to your teammates. This will multiply the number of wisps from 1 to 3, extremely useful with orange or crimson wisps.
– Try to do stunts. Be confident, your team is here to support you, so you can recover quickly if you failed your stunt.
– Technique characters are a good choice of characters for beginners, they have a nice handling and can cut through off-road. If you don’t really know the track layout, take these.
– 1 Speed, 1 Technique and 1 Power is the optimal layout. It may sound ridiculous to say, but most people forget about this. Your team is chosen when you enter a lobby, and your teammates have the same color as you, so adapt to their character choice if possible.
– Play in singleplayer if you’re not confident enough. The AI is quite good, and you could probably get a better hand on the game with hard/expert mode. Don’t play normal tho, it’s a waste of time.