Temtem, as they grow in level, learn various Techniques, powerful effects that are used in battle. A Temtem learns many Techniques as it grows under your care, but it can only have four techniques ready for use at any one time. However, these four techniques can be reassigned from all the techniques outside of battle.
Techniques have various characteristics that help differentiate and define them. Below is a list of them, some of which we will discuss more in-depth:
- –Type: Each technique, like Temtem themselves, have a type that interacts with a Temtem’s type that increase or decrease the effectiveness and power of a technique.
- –Category: Also known as class, the Techniques category relates to which stats may or may not be used to assign damage for the technique.
- –Damage: Indicative of the overall power of the Technique.
- –Stamina Cost: The amount of Stamina required to perform the technique. This will be the amount the Temtem’s stamina is reduced when the technique is used.
- –Hold: Some techniques cannot be used until a specified amount of turns have passed while the Temtem is in battle. This amount of turns is called Hold.
- –Priority: All techniques have a priority indicative of when the technique will be used in a turn. The higher the priority, the more likely the technique will be used earlier. This attribute interacts with the Temtem’s speed to determine when it will be used in a turn.
- –Synergy: Some techniques have an additional or boosted effect due to the type of the user’s partner Temtem. This is known as Synergy.