How to Improve The Visuals by Adding ReShade
Follow these steps;
1. You need to download ReShade.
2. Click this link www.reshade.me click on Download, the page scrolls down, click on Download ReShade 4.9.1.
3. Once step 2 is done, launch ReShade_Setup_4.9.1.exe, you should see this:
4. Click on “Click here to select a game”, a new window appears, click on “Browse” at the bottom right, go to your Valheim folder “SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Valheim” and select valheim.exe, a window should appear with the text “Which rendering API does Valheim use” click on Direct3D 10/11/12.
5. Now we’re going to select the effects category we want to download and use, select them like on the picture below :
Press Ok when this is done. Now its time to only select the effects. Follow the pictures below.
Legacy standard effects
When you’re done you should see this window:
Close it and move to the final step.
6. Now all there is left to do is to download our ReShade preset and place it in your Valheim folder.
When you first launch Valheim with ReShade ON it will automatically initialize itself (You should see some text at the top left of your screen), wait till you get to the main menu, and follow the instructions when ReShade ask you if you want to follow the tutorial skip it, click on reshadepreset.ini click on High Fantasy ReShade.ini and finally click on select, that’s it you’re done.
Note: Don’t forget to disable bloom in the game options unless you don’t mind burning your retina! You’ve been warned.
Valheim Cheats & Console Commands