The Torpedo Data Computer
The torpedo data computer is located in the conning tower.
- 1. Target speed. Set the estimated speed of the ship you are targeting.
- 2. Torpedo depth. Set the torpedoes running depth.
- 3. Range. Set the estimated distance to the target ship.
- 4. Angle on the bow. Set the direction in which the ship is traveling relative to your viewpoint.
- 5. Length. Set the estimated length of the target ship.
- 6. Torpedo status display. The lights indicate if the corresponding torpedo tube is ready for launch.
- 7. Angle tracking device. Select your aiming device by turning the handle.
- 8. Torpedo tube selection. Turn the handle to select your desired torpedo tube for launch.
- 9. Salvo shot selection. Choose which torpedo tubes to use in a salvo shot.
- 10. Timer. The timer displays the torpedoes’ estimated travel time.
- 11. Error light. If the lamp turns red, the entered firing solution is invalid.