General Tips for leveling a paladin
Here are some tips to progress quickly during your leveling as Paladin in classic wow.
- -Ideally you should kill mobs of the same level, as they grant 100% of their base XP reward values. If a mob is 1 level higher you will gain only a portion of its base XP reward value. This effect also works in reverse and even more dramatically. If you are killing a mob that is even 1 level below, you will gain 10-20% less xp.
- -Front Load Spells / Abilities to get natural mana regeneration per the 5 second rule ticking again ASAP, then finish mobs with white damage.
- -Push the limits of your combat efficiency. If you are at full Health or Mana you are likely misplaying. Chain pull more aggressively, take more calculated risks, expend more resources per kill, do whatever it takes to keep things regenerating and on cooldown.
- -Be adaptive with your damage rotation cycle – this is true for all classes. Think on your feet as your rotation will vary at different stages of the game based on a number of variables such as what ranks of spells / abilities do you have, mob lvl, mob abilities, armor / resistance, total hit points etc…
- -The most important aspect of a Paladin Weapon is his Damage range more so than the weapon’s DPS value due to the nature of Seal of Righteousness, Seal of Command Procs and Reckoning Stacks.
- -You can heal easily in any spec 40+ with Blessing of Light and down ranked Holy Light.
- -Judgement is not on the Global Cooldown.
- -Save Gold by not buying higher ranks of Hammer of Justice, or base ranks of Exorcism, Turn Undead, Blessing of Sacrifice, Holy Wrath, Seal of Justice, Auras.
- -You may not need all 4 stacks of Reckoning to kill a mob. You may only need 2-3 so test it out and alter your rotation accordingly.
- -Seal of Command only procs off of the first auto attack of a Reckoning Bomb. This is the main reason to use SoR > SoC when grinding with Reckoning.
- -Your Paladin mount is a spell and will trigger a pause in natural mana regen. It also is not castable while your GCD is finishing.