X-Morph: Defense: Tips & Tricks > MGW: Video Game Guides, Cheats, Tips and Tricks
X-Morph: Defense: Tips & Tricks
Tips & Tricks
1. Don’t try to take all ship weapons at the start. You will always confuse changing them. It is possible to complete the first 1-5 levels using only a plasma weapon.
2. Open Dark Matter Bomb as soon as possible. Use it constantly on cooldown.
3. When you have enough technology points, unlearn the plasma tree and spend 3 points on Missiles and two on Bombs (the 3rd point in bomb gives a small bonus). So, use bombs attacking ground and missiles for air enemies.
4. Laser is hard to use it. Also, it does not give so many advantages. You can use it only in three situations 1) when 2-3 heavy mammoth tanks are left 2) for air bombers. The laser kills it in 6 seconds, missiles in 7-8 seconds, no so much deal 3) with bosses.
5. Your first free upgrade point should be spent on “Debris collector.”
5a. Use the Debris collector as much as possible. If you use it often, it could give you extra 3-7 towers per mission. Be aware; the debris is disappearing after ~20-the 30s.
6. the Second point spent on “Core weapon.” It will make defense much easier.
7. Then upgrade the Debris collector.
8. Then research Defensive drone.
9. Other upgrades are optional and don’t give huge bonuses.
10. Basic tower is useless. Try to upgrade it as soon as possible. Mass artillery for ground purposes until Laser comes. Try to place Artillery towers that way they could hit two different paths of enemies.
10a. Use 75% Laser and 25% Artillery towers at the late games.
10b. Always place towers for antiair waves. Sometimes 1 tower is enough to destroy all waves, and you don’t need to waste your time .
Use 2-3 Air Laser towers for Bombers and Heavy Helicopters waves. Air missiles for all other purposes. Stop using Anti Air Flak tower after researching better antiair towers.
11. Destroy buildings using Dark Matter bombs to increase the path.
12. You can destroy trees, trains, and other stuff to clean the area for towers.
13. Don’t destroy the bridges first. Sometimes they are necessary for buildings the longest path.
14. Enemies’ paths are always changing. Be aware and sell towers that are getting useless.
15. Sometimes, it is very useful to sell antiair towers during the wave when all air forces have been wiped out and build new ground towers.
16. Complete side missions. Upgrade points are necessary.
17. Destroy healers manually as soon as possible.
18. Don’t waste your time on anti-air enemy forces if you have anti-air towers. Just move to them while attacking ground units.
19. There are two difficult missions: Russia and Japan.
For Russia, you need Anti Air Laser towers to deal with Heavy Helicopters. Also, destroy the forest to the left to clean an area for towers.
The most difficult wave is the 5th. The 6 and 7 waves are boss waves, and they are extremely easier.
19a. For Japan.
Use 2-3 Anti Air Laser towers when you are fighting with your boss.
While Boss is sleeping, try to weak enemies ground waves destroying healers and the heavy tanks. 4-5 Laser towers at each path should handle the rest.
Use 3 Anti Air Laser towers for both air paths at the 2nd wave.
Use 4 Anti Air Laser Towers in the air path at the 3rd wave. Ground forces for 3rd wave are heavy. But it is much easier to win it by killing both before the ground units reach the core.
Please don’t destroy the building at the Boss path before the red boss line appears because he will move through them then.