Crystal mining for credits;
– Head to Argon Prime.
– Explore out the snake like asteroid field in the system (noted in red hexagons on the map).
– Start at one end and focus on the asteroids.
– Notice on some asteroids a bright twinkle? Head towards these twinkles directly.
– Shoot directly at the crystal with your primary weapon when in range.
(Best not to use ammo based weapons so you gain the most profit of this venture. Weapons like; Torpedos and Missiles)
– Pick up the crystals by holding down the key that activates the device used to pull free floating items into your ships hold.
Purple (Bandannite) – most common, least valuable (850cr – 1,150cr).
Blue (Menelaene) – common, a lot more valuable than purple crystals (8,500cr – 11,500cr).
Green-Yellow (Aguilite) – uncommon, a little more valuable than blue crystals (17,000cr – 23,000cr).
Orange (Mitonene) – rare, a lot more valauble than green-yellow crystals (25,555cr – 34,500cr).
White (Burnite) – very rare, extremely valuable and worth way more than orange crystals (200,000cr – 300,000cr).
– Assuming you got a pile of different crystals? Sell the crystals to a trader but make sure to pick the right one, otherwise you could lose millions in credits selling to the wrong trader! Always check your prices when selling.
It is a time consuming task finding and extracting the crystals but it is well worth it early on for quick credits.
Note: There is an achievement tied to this means of making money (Called: “Miner’s Luck”). By mining Burnite crystals you complete the achievement for mining the most valuable crystals in the game.